So this is currently my FAVORITE Food!
AND it’s made with…
I recently posted the recipes for the Stuffed Grape Leaves and Spinach Artichoke Dip and because I enjoyed them so much…and did have some leftovers, I thought of ways to include my previous recipe post and this is it. I have had wraps with the Stuffed Grape Leaves before from the health food shops and have always enjoyed them. When I made the Stuffed Grape Leaves, I had the health food wraps in the back of my mind and wanted to try my hand at making one. So here is my version of a Mediterranean Wrap filled with yummy Stuffed Grape Leaves and for the spread, Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Wraps are so easy to make, low in the carbs and high on taste when you get the right combination of flavors going. So to my delight, using both the Stuffed Grape Leaves and Spinach Artichoke Dip proved a success! In their new life, they have become an extremely tasty Mediterranean Wrap full of gorgeous flavor!
I was rather a silly mess stuffing my wrap at first. YES, I did over stuff, and I do mean OVER stuff the first one so much so, that it BURST a bit. Well someone needed to step in and had to eat it so it wouldn’t be wasted and I volunteered … without complaining one bit! I managed not to get carried away for the next go with loading up the wrap and it was just the right ratio of filling to size of wrap – I volunteered to step in for that one too – my dinner 😉
The wrap is easy to make, taste brilliant and it’s now at the top of my food list for happy place favorites. If like me, you enjoy a bit of heat with your food, try adding some sliced red chili peppers or (my personal favorite) Peperoncinis. You can also add a nice fair share of Kalamata olives in the wrap or on the side. YUM!
- 1 large Wrap, Tortilla or Flat bread
- 1 - 2 Tbls Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 1/4 small Roasted Red Pepper, sliced
- 1/2 small Cucumber, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 medium Tomato, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 small Red Onion, sliced or chopped
- handful of Lettuce
- 2- 3 Stuffed Grape Leaves
- 1 oz Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Peperoncini and Kalamata Olives, optional
- Lay out your Wrap and spread Spinach Artichoke Dip all over but do not cover edges.
- Pile up the Lettuce, Tomato, Cucumbers, Onions, Stuffed Grape Leaves, Feta Cheese.
- Fold in sides and roll up, place seam side down, cut in half and serve.
- Serve with a pile of Peperoncinis or Kalamata Olives.
- Makes enough for 2
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.