This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
A gorgeous tasting and hearty bean and pasta soup …
Slow Cooker Pasta e Fagioli!
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat Olive Oil. Cook Ground Beef and Onions for about 5 – 8 minutes until meat is cooked through, drain any drippings and add Meat and Onions to the Slow Cooker.
- Add in Celery, Carrots, Beans, Broth, Chopped Tomatoes and Tomato Sauce, Garlic, Bay Leaf and Thyme.
- Cook on low in the Slow Cooker, about 5 hours and no more than 7 hours.
- 30 Minutes before end of cooking time, add in the dried Macaroni pasta.
- Adjust seasoning with Salt and Pepper.
- Serve with shredded Fresh Basil and grated fresh Parmesan Cheese and a loaf of crusty bread or crackers.
More from my site
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.