What’s creamy, cheesy and feisty?
My favorite Pimiento Cheese!
When I was a little girl, my first experience with Pimiento Cheese was when I my mom said, here try this, you’ll like it. And of course, me being all “Eww, what’s in it?” finally did try it and did in fact love it. She won me over and happily so.
Making Pimiento Cheese is just dead easy to make and only takes a 5 – 10 minutes of your time. Make it on the weekend to have for the week ahead, then enjoy it on crackers, by the spoonful, sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches or hamburgers.
You can use your favorite sharp cheese for this, I prefer an aged sharp cheddar that is creamy yet with the right amount of tang. For best results, take the time to shred/grate it yourself, as the pre-shredded versions (albeit a time saver) usually have a powdery coating that doesn’t allow the true flavors to come through. My rule of thumb – if you wouldn’t put it front in center on a cheeseboard for all to enjoy, then don’t use it in this recipe.
Feisty Pimiento Cheese
Yield 2 1/2 cups
Make this Pimiento Cheese as mild or feisty as you want by the amount of jalapenos you do or don't use. It's perfect simply on crackers, sandwiches or hamburgers anytime.
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 4 oz Pimientos, drained and diced (I like to use Cento brand)
- 1 - 2 Jalapenos, diced fine (optional)
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add the shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese and Mayonnaise and mix until well blended.
- Fold in the drained Pimientos, Jalapenos (if using) and Salt & Pepper to taste.
- Blend until everything is well incorporated.
- Keep stored covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.