I enjoy seeing my kids have a great time, the stories they share, games they play and make up and the laughter that fills the house.
Lately the game that has entertained us has been the Skylanders game that you can find on specially marked boxes of General Mills cereals. This is great news for all of your devoted Skylander fans, because inside each specially marked Big G cereals box includes a set of Skystones cards with a game board on the back of the box. Each card set (four sets to collect in all) come with a downloadable code to unlock characters in the popular mobile Skylanders game. So don’t forget to look for special offers and free prizes inside boxes of General Mills cereals throughout the year and make you Skylanders fan happy.
The Skylanders Skystones game comes complete and ready to go and I’m happy to say, that the boys caught on fast and enjoyed themselves. In the game, each of the characters have different power values and you are suppose to count the power with each move that’s made to determine if they won or lost each battle.
Now before the boys sat down to a Skystones game, my son and I sneaked in to the kitchen and made a snack to go along with their game day.
So I let him make up his own recipe, and this is what he came up with, A Trap Team Marshmallow Cupcake!
It was so good and we enjoyed every morsel with a smile!
- 1 cup Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- 1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
- 20 large Marshmallows
- Line a 6 count regular sized muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a microwavable bowl, add the 20 Marshmallows and microwave for 30 seconds, check, then microwave again for another 30 seconds. Marshmallows should be puffed up.
- Quickly add in both cereals and Chocolate Chips and mix well.
- In a prepared muffin pan lined with cupcake liners, spray your spoon with non-stick cooking spray or rub some butter over it, then spoon into the muffin cups a heaping tablespoon of mixture each.
- Allow to cool for at least 20 - 30 minutes.
- Serve with a smile and enjoy!
You can also use an 8x8 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, or greased with butter. Carefully press down with your clean, and buttered hands and cool as above.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.