Completely a must-make cocktail drink for the fall and perfect to add to your Halloween cocktail line-up, the Washington Apple cocktail recipe is stunning!
The Washington Apple Cocktail recipe, yes, it’s apple-y!
I love the simplicity of the fall flavors in this drink, apple and whisky, add a little dry ice or use a cold smoker to give it that straight from the cauldron feel and enjoy as a Halloween cocktail.
For this recipe, there’s so much happening and with just a few ingredients, my kind of cocktail! The Washington Apple is traditionally made with Crown Royal Canadian whisky, but there’s a couple of ways to make this easy drink, so I’ll share both versions in the recipe card below.
What You’ll Need:
- Apple whisky
- Cranberry Juice
- Coupe or martini type glass
- Sliced apples, optional
- Dry ice for a cauldron style drink, optional
- Or if you have a cold food smoker, you can use that to add a bit of spooky to your drink, optional
- To make this into the Washington apple shot, simply half the amounts in the recipe.
- If you prefer, you can also add a splash of lemon-lime soda as well.
How to Make this Washington Apple Cocktail Drink:
- First, add ice to your shaker. Grab your ingredients and a jigger.
- Pour the whisky and cranberry juice over the ice in the shaker, and give it a few shakes until drink is chilled. Strain into serving glass.
- If wanting to add that Halloween flair, carefully add a small amount of dry ice to your drink.
- If you have a cold smoker like the one I use (find it here), then you can add a smoky flavor to your drink as well as give it a perfect cauldron look.
Other Drink and Home Bar Staple Recipes to Try:
- Black Fig Vodka Martini Cocktail
- Lemon and Fig Rum Cocktail
- Classic Bourbon Old Fashioned
- Fig Infused Vodka
- Pomegranate Daisy
- Flavored Simple Syrups
How to Make this Fall Apple Cocktail:
- 1 1/2 ounces apple whisky
- 1 1/2 ounces cranberry juice
- Apple slice, to garnish if desired
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add in the apple whisky and cranberry juice.
- Strain into glass.
- If desired, carefully add in a small amount of dry ice, or use a cold smoker to give it additional flavor and a straight out of the cauldron feel.
Can't find apple whisky? Try this version:
1-ounce whisky, preferably Crown Royal Canadian whisky
1-ounce sour apple schnapps
1-ounce cranberry juice
Crown Royal's official Washington apple recipe:
1 1/4 ounces whisky
1/4 ounce apple schnapps
1 1/2 ounces cranberry juice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 5gSugar: 28gProtein: 1g
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.