Tuna with a Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce and Pasta
What’s a quick and tasty meal to pull together for a busy schedule?
How about this recipe for Tuna with a Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce served over your favorite Pasta!
I’m in the rush of the day, my kids (three of them mind you) are asking what’s for dinner all at one time and I completely forgot to pull out the meat from the freezer that morning (sigh). Thankfully, I try to keep options on hand for days like that. With my “come to the rescue” cape on (a.k.a. my apron), I reach for tuna and in less than 30 minutes, their tummies are happy with this Tuna with Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce and Pasta.
Over the years, I have shied away from buying tuna because of 1. finding a quality white meat tuna I like, and 2. finding one that is certified as sustainable. Recently, I found both of those and much more in Wild Selections. It’s good stuff with simple all natural ingredients and a delicious taste, and they have the only full line of Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified sustainable seafood. Seeing that MSC label means that what’s in that can, comes from healthy fish stocks and that they are from well managed fisheries and is 100% traceable. Plus, just as an FYI, all tasty tuna is non-GMO project verified. Now we’re talking.
I have to add that Wild Selections has my respect, not only are they MSC certified, but they are into giving back to the oceans. For every can they sell, they are donating 13 cents to the World Wildlife Fund, that basically equates to a whopping $1 million by 2018. This in turn helps to ensure that our oceans will continue to sustain these tasty Albacore’s and so many more for our and our children’s future.
Visit Wild Selections to find out more and where they’ve gone fishin’. Want to know where to find this quality product, simply visit their store locator here. You can also check out Wild Selections on their Youtube channel!
I like to serve this dish at room temperature rather than super fridge cold, it’s great for warm days and busy days alike. Use your favorite pasta, I like to use fusilli or rotini in cold pasta dishes. When making the sauce, by all means double the batch so that you can use it another day.
This sauce is eat by the spoonful worthy.
Tuna with Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce and Pasta
Short on time? Make this quick and tasty cold pasta dish, Tuna with Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce served over your favorite Pasta.
For the Sauce:
- 1 Tbls Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (or 1 garlic clove, minced)
- 1 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- Zest and Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 lb dried Pasta, use your favorite & prepare according to directions & allow to cool
- 1 Tbls Capers
- 1 - 5 oz can Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna packed in Olive Oil, drained and using a fork, separate until "flaked"
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
- Parmesan, grated or shaved and used for garnish
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil, optional to drizzle over pasta just before serving
- Prepare your chosen Pasta according to directions, drain, drizzle a bit of Olive Oil over pasta to keep from sticking at this point and allow to cool.
- While waiting on the pasta, get started on the sauce.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the Butter and Olive Oil together, season with the Garlic Powder (or saute fresh minced garlic if using instead), Salt & Pepper and allow to heat for about 30 seconds (keep watch so it doesn't scorch).
- Slowly add in the Whipping Cream and stir or whisk until well combined.
- Add in the zest and juice of 1 Lemon and allow the sauce to come to a gentle boil, cooking for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Just at the end of cooking, sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese and give it a good stir and allow to melt, stirring until combined. Set aside.
- Once the sauce and pasta have cooled down a bit, it's time to pull it all together.
- In a bowl (or that pasta pot), combine the Lemon Pepper Sauce with the Pasta, the flaked up Albacore Tuna, Capers and chopped Italian Parsley. Toss it gently together, season to taste and serve topped off with a drizzle of Olive Oil (if desired), more grated or shaved Parmesan and chopped Parsley if desired.
Tip: Make a double batch of that creamy Lemon Pepper Sauce, storing half in the fridge for 3 - 5 days and use in an array of other yummy pasta dishes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Stacey is a Southern girl with a taste for travel, thriving on the discovery of the world through food. After spending many years traveling and living overseas, she’s now back home in her beloved deep south enjoying life with her three little ones and loving the adventure. She’s a food stylist and food photographer, as well as, the creative behind Little Figgy Food, where she loves to inspire others to try new flavors and foodie techniques.